Customer Types give you another way to classify and sort your customers. For example, using this feature allows you to define your customer’s business as a franchise.
Creating Customer Types
Customer Types are created in the Management Module > Customers > Tracking > Customer Types.
To turn on this functionality follow these steps:
- Click Enable Customer Types.
- Click Save Settings.
- Enter a new Customer Type here.
- Select a Parent Group for the customer type if desired.
NOTE: Any previously entered type can be used as a parent group.
- Click Add New Type.
Additional features include:
- (A) You can make changes to customer types by clicking Edit and then Save.
- (B) Check the box next to the entries that you want to delete.
(C) Click Delete Selected Type to remove an entry.
Using Customer Types
You can add a customer type to individual customers by navigating to the Sales Module > Customers > Select a customer you want to update > Settings and then following these steps:
- Click update.
- Select the Customer Type you want from the drop-down menu.
- Click Update to save your selection and close the popup window.