Master Accounts are a great way to track multiple customers tied to the same parent company or entity. By assigning a company to a Master Account, you can run reports specific to or grouped by that Master Account setting.
This article will cover the following topics:
An example of when to use this feature would be when you do business with several franchisees of the same company. This enables you to track each franchise owner separately, but also run reports to see what percent of your business comes from the franchise as a whole.
Enabling Master Account Settings
To enable the option to use Master Accounts within your system, navigate to Management Module > Customers > Tracking > Master Account.
- Check the Enable Master Account Settings box.
- Enter the name of the new master account in the Master Account field to add a new Master Account.
- Click Save New Account.
- Once a master account has been created, you can choose to edit it or delete it later.
- Click Save Settings to keep the changes you've made.
NOTE: If you delete a master account that has been associated with customers in your system, it will remove that association.
Assigning a Master Account
To assign a customer to an existing Master Account, navigate to that customer’s account page: Sales Module > Customers > Settings tab.
- Click on the Update link.
- Select the desired name from the Master Account drop-down menu.
- Click Update and the customer will be associated with the master account you selected.