CoreBridge enables you to configure your system to charge tax to your customers and does so through defining Tax Agencies and Tax Groups. Tax Agencies are the separate local, state, or federal agencies you pay sales taxes to.
How to Create a Tax Agency
- Navigate to the Management Module > Locations > Manage Tax Agencies
- Click the Add New Tax Agency button.
- Enter the Tax Agency Name along with the word "Agency."
- Agency Name - City of Houston Agency
- Agency Name - State of Texas Agency
- After you've created Tax Agencies you must create Tax Groups—which can be a combination of Tax Agencies—which allow you to charge a combined, single rate.
NOTE: Tax Agency names must be different than the Tax Group name.
- Enter the Sales Tax Rate.
- Enter any additional Tax Agency details as needed then click Save Agency.
IMPORTANT NOTE: DO NOT CREATE Tax Exempt OR Non-Taxable AS A TAX AGENCY. TAX EXEMPTION IS HANDLED AT THE CUSTOMER LEVEL. FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE REVIEW THE FOLLOWING ARTICLE: Tax Exemption