CoreBridge enables you to configure your system to charge tax to your customers and does so through defining tax agencies and tax groups. Tax Agencies are the separate local, state, or federal agencies you pay sales taxes to.
How to Create a Tax Agency
- Navigate to the Management Module > Locations > Manage Tax Agencies
- Click the Add New Tax Agency button.
- Enter the Tax Agency Name.
- Enter the Sales Tax Rate.
- Enter any additional tax agency details as needed then click Save Agency to complete this guide.
IMPORTANT NOTE: DO NOT CREATE Tax Exempt OR Non-Taxable AS A TAX AGENCY. TAX EXEMPTION IS HANDLED AT THE CUSTOMER LEVEL. FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE REVIEW THE FOLLOWING ARTICLE: Tax Exemption
Please note that after you've created Tax agencies you must create Tax Groups. Please review the following article: Tax Groups