Associating Vendors to Parts allows you to enter certain vendor information on individual parts, including vendor name, vendor part number, and purchasing information. Purchasing information is used to calculate costs. An average cost can be calculated if multiple vendors are associated with a part. These calculated costs can optionally be used as your part's base cost.
NOTE: Vendors can be managed through the Purchasing Module > Vendors. The Purchasing Module is not available with all packages. If you do not have access to the Purchasing module, you can still create and associate vendors with individual parts through the Management Module. For more information about the Purchasing Module, please contact support.
Steps to Associating a Vendor to a Part
- Navigate to Management Module > Parts > Manage Parts
Click + Associate Vendor
- Select Vendor by searching for an existing vendor
NOTE: New vendors can be added by clicking the + sign next to the search bar
- If entering multiple vendors, choose the Preferred vendor
- Enter all vendor Information for the part.
- If using Cost-Plus Pricing, Vendor cost can replace the Base Cost value for a Part. Check Connect to Part Base Cost to replace the part base cost with the calculated vendor cost
- Check Connect to Part Base for multiple vendors to connect an average cost to the part base cost
- Click Save & Close