This article covers frequently asked questions as well as some do's and dont's related to syncing CoreBridge data to your accounting application.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to wait until I am Live! to start setting everything up for the sync?
- No. Please start getting everything set up as soon as you can so that you are ready to sync once you Go Live!
- Any changes you make related to the accounting setup articles while in testing mode will not be overwritten when you go Live!
When should I perform my first ever CoreBridge Reconciliation?
- Once you Go Live! you should start performing daily Reconciliations.
- If you don't have real transactions to enter as soon as you Go Live!, you should start performing daily Reconciliations once you have Completed orders or payments.
How often should I perform a CoreBridge Reconciliation?
- A Reconciliation should be performed daily so that you can catch any payment entry errors. If a customer underpaid or overpaid, the sooner you catch the error the better chance you have of rectifying the problem especially for an underpayment.
When should I perform my daily CoreBridge Reconciliation?
- Lump Sync: You should perform your Reconciliation at the end of the business day once orders have been Completed and payments have been entered. If you do not perform daily Reconciliations, you should ALWAYS perform a Reconciliation at the end of the day on the last day of the month.
- Full Sync: You should perform your Reconciliation at the end of the business day once all payments have been entered. You can also wait until the next morning.
How do I change one of my G/L accounts that is mapped to CoreBridge?
- Changes to any G/L account must originate in CoreBridge once you have gone through a 1st sync. This includes changing the account number, account name, or the parent/child hierarchy. This also includes deactivating accounts.
- If the change originates in your accounting software and the change is not manually matched to CoreBridge, you will get sync errors. The only way to correct errors due to account changes will be to go through the account matching process again to correct the account mismatch.
Do I add all of the accounts from my Chart of Accounts into CoreBridge?
- No. Income and COGS accounts in CoreBridge are linked to Parts and Modifiers. If you add an account from your Chart of Accounts, and the account is not associated to a Part or Modifier, no data will post to the account.
BANK FEEDS: Should I use Bank Feeds in my accounting application if I'm syncing data from CoreBridge?
- Please bear in mind that when you are using bank feeds your CoreBridge payments will be entered into your accounting application twice. Once from the Bank Feed and again from the CoreBridge sync/export. Bank Feeds need to be handled properly so that you do not get duplicate data.
- We recommend not using Bank Feeds when you are syncing data. Bank Feeds generally create extra work for you in your accounting application.
- When you sync CoreBridge data to your accounting application, CoreBridge payments will be used to make deposits. Since your accounting application will need to record deposits from CoreBridge payments, bank feeds will duplicate deposits if the bank feed is not handled correctly.
- If you accept a bank feed deposit that was created from CoreBridge payments without matching it up to a deposit that was created from CoreBridge payments that synced, you will duplicate amounts in your bank account and you will also duplicate income.
- If you do not get an exact match between a bank feed deposit and a deposit recorded from CoreBridge payments, we recommend ignoring/excluding the bank feed deposit so that the deposit recorded from CoreBridge payments does not get duplicated.
Can I change the data that has synced from CoreBridge to my accounting application?
- You should never touch the data/records that synced from CoreBridge.
- CoreBridge will not know about any changes you made and you risk creating differences between CoreBridge and your accounting application.
- If you change a record in your accounting application, the sync will likely fail when it needs to update the record that was changed.
- If you feel that you need to make a change to a record in your accounting application, please open a support ticket and provide the details so that an agent can instruct you on how to proceed without corrupting your data.
DON'T enter customer invoices, payments or other customer transactions manually in your accounting application unless instructed to do so by CoreBridge support.
DON'T create manual journal entries in your accounting application to reconcile numbers to Corebridge unless instructed to do so by CoreBridge support. This will likely result erroneous numbers once the root cause of the non-matching number has been fixed.
DO reach out to support if you need help determining if a transaction or change will adversely affect the sync process.