When exporting CoreBridge data to QuickBooks Desktop with the Lump Sync option, you'll need to configure the settings in your desktop sync tool after installation and prior to syncing.
Sync Tool Setup
If you're setting up the sync tool for the first time or on a new computer, proceed with the steps outlined here. If the sync tool was previously installed and are updating it to a newer version, your settings will automatically populate. If they do not, follow the steps outlined here.
- Open the QuickBooks company file that you will sync CoreBridge data to. Sign in with Administrator rights.
- Open the sync tool and click Settings.
- If not already selected, click on the General tab.
- In the CoreBridge Username field, enter a CoreBridge username that has the Allow QuickBooks Sync option selected in their CoreBridge User Access Rights. This will typically be your accountant or the owner.
- Enter the password associated with the CoreBridge username in both fields: (1) CoreBridge Password and (2) Confirm.
- The API information can be accessed in your CoreBridge system by navigating to Accounting Module > Accounting Export > Integration Information.
- In CoreBridge, copy the text string from the field labeled API Tag > and paste the string into the sync tool field labeled CoreBridge API Tag.
- In CoreBridge, copy the text string from the field labeled API URL > and paste the string into the sync tool field labeled CoreBridge API URL.
- Set the Sync Start Date:
- IF YOU'VE NEVER SYNCED BEFORE
- If you do NOT have duplicate transactions in QuickBooks, the Sync Start Date should match the date of your first Reconciliation.
- If you DO have duplicate transactions in QuickBooks, you'll need to determine your Sync Start Date based on when you stopped entering customer transactions in QuickBooks. We STRONGLY recommend you contact CoreBridge Support at firstname.lastname@example.org in this situation.
- IF YOU'RE INSTALLING ON A NEW COMPUTER USING THE SAME QUICKBOOKS COMPANY FILE
- Disassociate the old sync tool from your QB company file.
- In QuickBooks go to Edit > Preferences > Integrated Applications > Company Preferences.
- Select CoreBridge Desktop Client and click Remove.
- Make note of the last Journal Entry that was synced to QuickBooks (Example: CB-Rec-23, dated 3/6/20XX).
- Set the Sync Start Date as the date of the next Reconciliation from CoreBridge (Example: 3/7/20XX).
- IF YOU'VE NEVER SYNCED BEFORE
Once you've completed entering information on the Settings page click Save And Validate Settings.
An authorization window from QuickBooks will open. Please select your preferred option and then complete the authorization steps in the subsequent QuickBooks windows.
If an error message is displayed in red after you click Save And Validate Settings, please confirm your CoreBridge Username and Password. Re-enter the correct credentials then click Save And Validate Settings. A message is displayed in green if all information is entered correctly.
Close the sync tool by clicking the X in the upper-right corner of the program window. Do not perform a sync until the sync tool has been closed.
Finding the Sync Tool
- When you minimize the sync tool, the CoreBridge icon will be displayed on the Taskbar in Windows.
- When you close the sync tool, the icon can be found in the system tray/notification area.
- If the sync tool is not running, you can open it with the desktop shortcut named CoreBridge QuickBooks Sync.
- The CoreBridge icon shown on the app shortcut will look like this:
Syncing Data to QuickBooks
- Do NOT attempt to perform a 1st Sync on your own!
- The 1st Sync to QuickBooks should be performed with a CoreBridge support team member over a web meeting.
IMPORTANT NOTE: IF YOU ELECT TO ATTEMPT A 1ST SYNC ON YOUR OWN, YOU MAY INCUR ADDITIONAL SUPPORT FEES SHOULD ERRORS OCCUR.