When exporting CoreBridge data to QuickBooks Desktop with the Full Sync option, you'll need to configure the settings in your desktop sync tool after installation and prior to syncing.
Sync Tool Setup
If you're setting up the sync tool for the first time or on a new computer, proceed with the steps outlined here. If the sync tool was previously installed and you are updating it to a newer version, your settings will automatically populate. If they do not, follow the steps outlined here.
- Open the QuickBooks company file that you will sync CoreBridge data to. Sign in with Administrator rights.
- Open the sync tool and click Settings.
- If not already selected, click on the General tab.
- In the CoreBridge Username field, enter a CoreBridge username that has the Allow QuickBooks Sync option selected in their CoreBridge User Access Rights. This will typically be your accountant or the owner.
- Enter the password associated with the CoreBridge username in both fields: (1) CoreBridge Password and (2) Confirm.
- The API information can be accessed in your CoreBridge system by navigating to Accounting Module > Accounting Export > Integration Information.
- In CoreBridge, copy the text string from the field labeled API Tag > and paste the string into the sync tool field labeled CoreBridge API Tag.
- In CoreBridge, copy the text string from the field labeled API URL > and paste the string into the sync tool field labeled CoreBridge API URL.
- Set the Sync Start Date:
- If You Have Never Synced Before
- If you do NOT have duplicate transactions in QuickBooks, the Sync Start Date should match your Go Live! date.
- If you have not been through the Go Live! process with a support agent, the Sync Start Date will be the earlier of the first payment date or the first completed order date. We STRONGLY recommend you contact CoreBridge Support at email@example.com in this situation.
- If you DO have duplicate transactions in QuickBooks, you'll need to determine your Sync Start Date based on when you stopped entering customer transactions in QuickBooks. We STRONGLY recommend you contact CoreBridge Support at firstname.lastname@example.org in this situation.
- If you're installing on a new computer using the same QuickBooks Company File, the old sync tool will need to be disassociated from your QuickBooks Company File.
- In QuickBooks go to Edit > Preferences > Integrated Applications > Company Preferences.
- Select CoreBridge Desktop Client and click Remove.
- The Sync Start Date should be the same date that was used on the old computer.
Once you've completed entering information on the Settings page click Save And Validate Settings.
- An authorization window from QuickBooks will open. Please select your preferred option and then complete the authorization steps in the subsequent QuickBooks windows.
- If an error message is displayed in red after you click Save And Validate Settings, please confirm all information entered and then click Save And Validate Settings once the incorrect information has been updated. A message is displayed in green if all information is entered correctly.
- Leave your mouse pointer visible on the sync tool. You will see a circle representing activity while the save process is happening. The save process may take a minute or so to complete.
- Before proceeding, wait for the circle to go away to signify that the Save process has completed.
- If You Have Never Synced Before
- To set the Default Bank Account click Refresh List to the right of the field. All QuickBooks bank accounts will populate. Choose the default bank account to use for check refunds, cash refunds, offline credit card refunds, and NSF checks.
- Click the A/R Accounts tab.
- Click Refresh Accounts.
- In each of the fields, select your desired AR G/L account that transactions should post to.
- Click the Settings tab.
- If you have never synced before there should be no need to change any of the default accounts.
- If you have synced before there should also be no need to change any of the default accounts. However, you may need to assign a different account other than the default account if a different account was set previously. To determine if a non-default account was used previously please open the original sync tool.
- To the right of each of the fields on this tab, click Refresh List. Each list is populated independently so be sure to click each Refresh List link.
- All QuickBooks accounts of each type will populate in the corresponding field.
- The default accounts that appear are typically the correct accounts and won't need to be changed. If needed, use the dropdowns to select the appropriate G/L account for each account type.
- Once you have completed entering information on the Settings page click Save And Validate Settings again.
- Leave your mouse on the sync tool so that you can see the activity status. Activity will typically be displayed as a blue circle by the mouse pointer. Wait for the Save process to complete. You will know the Save process has completed when the blue circle goes away.
Close the sync tool by clicking the X in the upper-right corner of the program window. Do not perform a sync until the sync tool has been closed.
E-Commerce Integration Requirement
- If you are using these integrations, the option labeled "Sync Taxes as Line Item" must be selected:
Finding the Sync Tool
- When you minimize the sync tool, the CoreBridge icon will be displayed on the Taskbar in Windows.
- When you close the sync tool, the icon can be found in the system tray/notification area.
- If the sync tool is not running, you can open it with the desktop shortcut named CoreBridge QuickBooks Sync.
- The CoreBridge icon shown on the app shortcut will look like this:
Syncing Data to QuickBooks
- Do NOT attempt to perform a 1st Sync on your own!
- The 1st Sync to your accounting software should be performed with a CoreBridge support team member over a web meeting.
IMPORTANT NOTE: IF YOU ELECT TO ATTEMPT A 1ST SYNC ON YOUR OWN, YOU MAY INCUR ADDITIONAL SUPPORT FEES SHOULD ERRORS OCCUR.