The Castles MP200 & MP200L are P2Pe card readers that are capable of processing credit card using (a) chip cards (b) magstripe cards, and (c) manually keyed entry of credit card numbers. This article will cover the installation, activation, usage and basic troubleshooting of using this card reader. For more information on credit card processing, please see the article How to Process Credit Cards Using a EMV Chip Terminal.
NOTE: There is another model of the Castles MP200 EMV Reader known as the PaySaber. They are identical except for their color: the PaySaber is a white-colored option, while the original MP200 is colored black.
Table of Contents
- Buttons and Functions
- Charging the Castles MP200 Reader
- Connecting the Castles MP200 to a Wi-Fi Network
- Pairing the Castles MP200 Reader within CoreBridge
- Using the Castles MP200 within CoreBridge
- You have completed the sign up of a Merchant Account with Complete Merchant Solutions (CMS).
- You have obtained a Castles MP200 EMV Card Reader (terminal) from CMS.
- You have a secured WiFi network available at your business.
Buttons and Functions
Charging the Castles MP200 Reader
- When you receive the reader from CMS it will be enclosed in a small box, the contents of which are:
- Castles MP200 EMV Terminal
- A to Micro B USB cable, 1 meter (39") length.
Note: You can purchase longer length cables if needed from Best Buy, Office Depot, or online at Amazon.
- Open the box and set the reader aside.
- Locate the USB cable and plug the Micro B (smallest) connector end of the USB cable into the side of the reader.
Note: Check that the cable is inserted in the proper way to avoid damaging the reader. Verify the cable is firmly connected.
- Plug the A (largest) connector end of the USB cable into your computer.
- Although we plugged the USB cable into your computer, the only purpose of the cable is for charging the card reader. You do not need to install any drivers or complete any setup or installation of software on your computer where the reader is plugged in.
Connecting the Castles MP200 to a Wi-Fi Network
For the MP200 EMV Card Reader to integrate with CoreBridge the reader needs to be (a) connected to a Wi-Fi network and (b) must be paired to your internet browser.
Note: A card reader can only be paired to a single internet browser on a single computer at one time.
- Press and hold down the Power button on the MP200 to turn on the device.
Note: If the reader does not turn on please ensure that the reader has been adequately charged by connecting it to a powered-on computer with the included USB cable.
- Once powered on a blue light will appear in the top left corner of the reader and begin to initialize.
- Once the initialization is complete you will be prompted to select an available Wi-Fi network. Choose your preferred Wi-Fi network by pressing the corresponding number on the reader.
- Input your password using the number pad on the reader to cycle through the numbers and letters available.
Note: If your Wi-Fi password includes special characters, those can be entered using the 0 button on the number pad.
- Press the green Enter button once you have input the password to connect to the Wi-Fi network.
Pairing the Castles MP200 Reader within CoreBridge
In order for the reader to know which order you want to post a payment on we must pair the reader to the internet browser that you are using.
- Log into CoreBridge using a supported internet browser on the computer that you will use when receiving payments via the MP200 reader.
- Attempt to post a payment to any order with a balance due.
- When prompted to select the Payment Type, choose Credit Card (online).
- The payment screen will appear, click the Chip button to generate a pairing code for the reader.
A pairing code will be generated, please enter this code into the reader before the 60 second expiration occurs.
Once the reader has successfully paired to the browser, the message will change to Continue on Terminal.
- The reader should also now be prompting you to insert the card into the reader. Press the red X button on the reader to cancel the payment attempt.
We have now successfully paired the reader with your internet browser and have completed the steps necessary to use the reader during payment entry within CoreBridge. Please close the Order Payment window in CoreBridge if you still have the browser window open.
Using the Castles MP200 within CoreBridge
- Log into CoreBridge using your preferred internet browser.
Within CoreBridge, attempt to post a payment to an order with a balance due.
The payment screen will appear, please input your desired payment amount.
Click the Chip button when you are ready to process the payment.Note: If the credit card is not a chip-based card you should still click the Chip button, after which simply slide the card through the magstripe reader at the top of the terminal.
A notice will appear on the screen to complete the transaction on the terminal.
Take the customer's credit card and insert it into the bottom of the EMV terminal.
Note: Be sure the chip on the card is facing up and the card is rotated so the chip goes into the terminal first.
If the card does not include a chip, you may swipe the card through the top of the terminal to avoid manually entering the card number, exp date, etc.
Follow the on-screen prompts on the terminal. Once Approved, you may remove the card.
The Total Paid amount will be updated within CoreBridge to reflect the payment you posted.
Congratulations! You have successfully posted a payment using the Castles MP200 reader.
Unpair the Card Reader
The card reader is required to be paired to your internet browser. The card reader can only be paired with one browser at a time. If you wish to unpair the card reader from your browser for any reason you can do so using one of two methods:
- Unpair using your internet browser
- Open your internet browser currently paired to your card reader.
- Within CoreBridge, attempt to post a payment to an order with a balance due.
- Click the Unpair button on the payment window as shown in the screenshot below.
Note: If successful this will remove the pairing from the card reader and also from the internet browser.
- Unpair using your Card Reader
- At times you may not be able to initiate an unpairing from the internet browser, this happens often if you were paired to a laptop that is no longer in the office or perhaps someone else is working at the computer to which the reader is paired. In these situations, you can unpair the card reader directly on the terminal and then pair it to a browser on another computer.
- To begin this process, turn on the card reader.
- Press and hold the WiFi button until you hear a beep. After the beep, press and release the WiFi button once more to enter the Main Menu.
Once in the Main Menu, go to Settings.
Press the down arrow (WiFi button) to see the 2nd page of options. Select Unpair Device.
Press the green Enter button to confirm you want to unpair the device.
Follow these steps to pair the device again.
- If you have any questions related to the process of using the Castles MP200 Reader, please reach out to the CoreBridge. Support team by emailing email@example.com or by submitting a ticket on the customer portal.
- If you are experiencing installation, hardware, connectivity problems with your reader terminal please contact Complete Merchant Solutions (CMS) customer support.
- CMS Castles MP200L Quick Reference Guide
- CMS Knowledge Base Article for Castles MP 200 Card Reader
While there are many stands (aka cradles) for credit card readers, the two options below are the most commonly utilized.
- Castles MP200 Stand
- Supplier: CMS (Complete Merchant Solutions)
- Website: https://www.cmsonline.com
- Price: ~$75 plus shipping & tax.
- Windfall Cradle for Payment Terminals
- Supplier: Hecker Design
- Website: https://hecklerdesign.com/windfall-cradle
- Price: ~ $30 plus shipping & tax.