This article describes how to set up QuickBooks Desktop if you want to sync CoreBridge purchase orders to QuickBooks Desktop when using the Lump Sync export method. QuickBooks Online Lump Sync sync doesn't offer the option to sync CoreBridge purchase orders.
There is an option on the sync tool that controls the syncing of purchase orders. The option is not enabled by default. Purchase Order syncing is not part of a 1st sync meeting.
In order to sync PO's from CoreBridge to QuickBooks, the following records have to sync to QuickBooks.
- Vendor Types
- Payment Terms
- Vendors: If you have a vendor in both CoreBridge and in QuickBooks and their names are not identical (including spaces and special characters), you can get sync errors or duplicate vendors in QB. Prior to your syncing Purchase Orders, we highly recommend going through your entire list of vendors in QuickBooks to match the vendor name in CoreBridge.
- Billing Items: Parts and Modifiers sync to QuickBooks as items. The part or modifier Type in CoreBridge will also sync to QuickBooks (Service, Inventory, Non-Inventory). Just like other records types, if the name does not match exactly to the same item in QuickBooks you'll get duplicate items that you will need to clean up manually in QuickBooks. Even if the names match, you may still get sync errors if the Type doesn't match. Service items and Inventory items in QuickBooks cannot be changed to other types. You'll need to change either CoreBridge or QuickBooks to fix a Type mismatch. We highly recommend going through your entire list of items in QuickBooks to match the part or modifier name in CoreBridge.
- Cost of Goods Sold Accounts: COGS accounts should have been matched when you first set up your system to sync data. If your COGS accounts have changed since that time, we highly recommend going through the matching process again to eliminate sync errors as well accounts being duplicated.
No record of the types listed above should ever be changed in QuickBooks if the record was synced with CoreBridge. Once a record has been synced, any changes MUST occur in CoreBridge. The changes will automatically update the matching record in QuickBooks on the next sync following the change.
We highly recommended comparing Vendors and Billing Items to QuickBooks prior to enabling the Sync POs option. Once you've enabled the Sync POs option, during the next sync all records of the types mentioned will sync. If records don't match you may get sync errors or duplicate records in QuickBooks.
A very important part of syncing purchase orders is Cost of Goods Sold Accounts. COGS Accounts are not required to be matched between CoreBridge and QuickBooks if you are NOT syncing PO's, but MUST be matched if you enable this option. The following support article covers how to match COGS Accounts between CoreBridge and QuickBooks:
- In QuickBooks, select Edit from the menu bar then select Preferences. This will bring up the Preferences window. In the Preferences window, select Items & Inventory then select Company Preferences. The option Inventory and purchase orders are active is required to be checked.
- Open the CoreBridge Sync Tool and go to Settings > General. Check the box to Sync POs and then click Save And Validate Settings.
- Leave your mouse pointer visible on the sync tool. You will see a circle representing activity while the save process is happening. Before proceeding, wait for the circle to go away to signify that the Save process has completed.
- Perform a sync. Any PO's created on or after the Sync Start Date will sync to QuickBooks. Please do NOT change your Sync Start Date without contacting CoreBridge support first.