On-The-Spot Checkout allows you to quickly check out a customer. This method of checkout can be used for one-time customers purchasing in-stock or pre-made products, such as a real estate sign frame. Using On-The-Spot Checkout ties the order history to the "Walk-In" Customer account within your system.
Important Items to Remember when using On-The-Spot Checkout:
- Checking out in this manner will not track or move the order through the system workflow.
- Payment in full is required at time of purchase.
- Customer selection is disabled. The purchase will be tied to Walk-In Customer.
Using On-The-Spot Checkout
- Start by selecting Quick Price.
- Create the products for the order, and click Next Step.
- Here, you will see the Finalized Quick Price. This will display your Product(s) Summary. Review and click Next Step.
- To Finalize the order, select the Checkout button.
- Here you have the following options:
- Choose Location: If you have more than one location, select the appropriate location.
- Choose Tax Group: Tax will be set to your default tax group, as set in the Management Module. If needed, adjust it here.
Order Contact: Enter the customers first and last name (required). Email, phone, & address entry is optional.
NOTE: If you want to save this order under a specific customer record, select Back to Convert Options and proceed with converting to an Estimate or Order, which will require you to select a customer from your database, or enter a new customer.
- Order Description: Enter the description you wish to use. This will appear on the customer's invoice. This description can also be seen when searching order history.
Enter Payment & Save Order: Payment in full is required at time of purchase when using this method of checkout.
NOTE: Once the payment is entered, the order Status will automatically be updated to CLOSED.