CoreBridge offers integration with Complete Merchant Solutions (CMS) which provides seamlessly integrated credit card processing for CoreBridge users in addition to allowing customers to pay their invoices through the CoreBridge customer portal. The SLYCE Gateway is the CMS interface that facilitates the payment transactions process. Access to the Gateway is provided for free once you have setup an account with CMS. You can extend Gateway access to your employees using CoreBridge in order to view additional transaction details, batching and stored card information. This access is commonly needed by accounting staff.
Table of Contents
- How do I access the SLYCE Gateway?
- How do I confirm that a transaction was processed?
- How do I get my daily summary of credit card transactions?
- How do I verify if customers have cards on file?
- How do I track when card payments are settled and batched?
- Is there a place to see all batches that were deposited in my bank?
- Other reports of note
How do I access the SLYCE Gateway?
In order to access the SLYCE Gateway, you'll need to log in at slycegateway.com. The gateway login should've been provided to you by CMS after your account was initially setup.
NOTE: If you do not have your login credentials you will need to contact CMS Support: call (801) 623-4000 press 2 for Support.
SLYCE Gateway Login Screen
If this is your first time logging into the SLYCE Gateway, you'll see lots of graphs, charts and various other tools that load onto the screen. These tools are called widgets and are provided to enhance the user's knowledge of various sales events. The screenshot below is an example of what the login screen may look like with various widgets enabled.
If you'd like to disable any of these widgets:
- Click on the top right gear icon to access the widget display menu.
- Then choose the settings tab.
- From this screen, you can uncheck any widgets that you do not wish to display. You should always keep Transactions widget as it displays important information as explained later in this article.
How do I confirm that a transaction was processed?
The transaction widget is your primary reference for any and all card transactions that are performed inside of CoreBridge. If you need to verify that a card transaction processed, this widget is the best tool to confirm the transaction.
NOTE: You have the option to move this widget up or down in the layout as you prefer.
Transaction Columns in Detail
Action – The action toggle, has the option to review details and or print a receipt for that specific transaction. You also have the option to either void or refund a transaction.
- Refund – Will appear if the transaction has already been settled.
- Void – If the transaction has not been settled, you have the option to void the payment. Typically this can only occur within the first 24 hours of the transaction and must happen before the transaction is batched.
- Date – The date that the transaction was processed.
- RefNum – This is the CMS reference number that is specific to tracking a transaction.
- Card – The card number will only display the last 4 of the card used.
- ACH – Not applicable.
- Amount – The amount that the transaction was processed for.
- Type – Reflects the type of transaction in most cases this will be a Sale, it could also be Refund or Void. Other types can be recorded here but those types do not apply to CoreBridge.
- Gateway – This will default to the processing gateway that you're using through CMS (CreditCall or USAePay, may vary on your region).
Status – This is the current status of the transaction. These will typically begin in the Pending status until the batch is Settled (the exception to status is CreditCall as all transactions are automatically moved to the settled status).
- Result – The result column will indicate if the transaction was successful or not with either a red or green target symbol.
- Customer – This is the default company associated with the card processed in SLYCE.
- Author – Any transaction passed over from CoreBridge will result in a blank entry in this field. The only time that a user will appear is if a transaction is altered within the gateway and will reflect the SLYCE user who edited the entry.
How do I get my daily summary of credit card transactions?
In the SLYCE Gateway, you have the ability to print out a daily transaction history. This can be achieved by running the transactions report.
How to run the Transaction Report
- On the left side menu in the SLYCE Gateway, click on Reports.
- Click Transactions.
- Chose the date range that you wish to run.
- Click on Export All.
- Open the Excel File generated.
You can then compare the generated transactions file against your card reconciliations in CoreBridge. This will provide you with a complete record of all transactions that may have occurred for that day. You have other options as well to either remove or add columns to the report prior to generation.
How do I verify if customers have cards on file?
There are two ways to confirm if a customer has a credit card already stored in the system, one is in CoreBridge and the other is in the SLYCE Gateway.
- To verify this in CoreBridge you'll need to access an order with a balance for that customer. The credit card payment screen can then be accessed by clicking on the Make Payment button and selecting Credit Card (Online) from the drop-down. From here you would choose the Vault option to view any stored cards for this customer. You can either remove and or add a new card at that time. For additional information, review the Entering A Payment article.
- To see how many customers have cards stored and review those individual card details:
- Login to the SLYCE Gateway.
- Click on Customers on the left panel.
- Review the Cards / ACH column.
- Use the action button, and click on Cards/ACH to view individual stored cards.
How do I track when card payments are settled and batched?
When you'd like to review your batch for all settled card transactions, this information can be found in the Slyce Gateway.
- Login to the SLYCE Gateway.
- Click on Reports > Batch Details Report.
- Select the batch you wish to view.
- Count – represents the total number of transactions within that batch.
- Amount – Is the total of all transactions within that batch.
- Status – Open or Closed; Open batches have transactions that have not yet been settled by the processor.
- The batch report will open the transaction report, filtered by the batch number chosen.
Is there a place to see all batches that were deposited in my bank?
When you'd like to review all settled batches for card transactions, this information can also be found in the SLYCE Gateway.
- Login to the SLYCE Gateway.
- Click on Reports > ACH Summary Report.
- Click on any day to see all batches deposited for that day.
Other Reports of Note
- Declines/Errors – This report will give you a list of all declines that have occurred for your center.
- Chargebacks – This report will reflect any chargebacks due to a loss on a fraudulent or disputed transaction.
- Statements – This is an electronic copy and record of all of your monthly fees statements.