The desktop sync tool is a locally installed application created by CoreBridge to automate the import of CoreBridge data to your QuickBooks company file.
- Where should the sync tool be installed?
- Install the sync tool an a computer that has access to your QuickBooks Desktop company file.
- The computer is it installed on will be the computer that you manually run the sync from.
- If the computer is being hosted through a hosting service, it may not be able to be installed.
- The software is Windows only. MAC OS is not supported.
- If Windows does not have the required component installed that the software will need, you will be prompted to download and install it from a Microsoft website.
Downloading the Sync Tool
- Open CoreBridge in Chrome or Firefox.
IMPORTANT NOTE: INTERNET EXPLORER AND EDGE ARE NOT SUPPORTED BROWSERS. YOUR INSTALL FILE WILL SHOW AS CORRUPTED IF YOU USE THESE BROWSERS TO DOWNLOAD. YOU MUST USE CHROME OR FIREFOX. COREBRIDGE SUPPORT WILL NOT BE ABLE TO DIAGNOSE BROWSER, FIREWALL, OR PERMISSIONS SETTINGS PREVENTING FILE DOWNLOADS.
- Navigate to the Accounting Module.
- Click on Accounting Export on the black menu.
- Click on Download Desktop Client. This will start the download process.
NOTE: Your Export Type should already be set to Sync with Desktop Application with QuickBooks selected as the Application Name. If you're switching to another accounting application, please reach out to CoreBridge Support at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to making any changes.
- The location of the downloaded installation file will be based on your browser's settings. The typical location is a folder named Downloads in your Windows user profile directory.
- If you cannot find the downloaded file, you can search for filename CoreBridgeQuickBooksInstaller.exe using the search functionality in Windows.
Installing the Sync Tool
- If the sync tool is already installed and running, please completely close it. To do that, open Windows Task Manager (typically by pressing Ctrl + Alt + Delete at the same time), select the process named CoreBridgeDesktop and end that task.
- Double-click the installation file named CoreBridgeQuickBooksInstaller.exe.
- If you encounter messages such as Windows preventing the installation because it is an unrecognized app, you can safely choose to run/install anyway. If Windows Defender displays a popup window, choose More Info, then choose Run Anyway as shown below.
- If the sync tool is already installed, you'll encounter a window asking whether to Repair or Remove CoreBridge QuickBooks Sync. Choose the Repair option.
- Click Finish.
- If you're presented with a window asking Do you want to allow this app from an unknown publisher to make changes to your device? choose Yes.
- Proceed through the installation steps.
- On the final installation step, select the option Launch CoreBridge QuickBooks Sync if it is not already selected.
- Click Close. The sync tool will then display on your desktop.
- A desktop shortcut named CoreBridge QuickBooks Sync will also be created.
Finding the Sync Tool
- When you minimize the sync tool, the CoreBridge icon will be displayed on the Taskbar in Windows.
- When you close the sync tool, the icon can be found in the system tray/notification area.
- If the sync tool is not running, you can open it with the desktop shortcut named CoreBridge QuickBooks Sync.
- The CoreBridge icon shown on the app shortcut will look like this:
Syncing Data to QuickBooks
- Do NOT attempt to perform a 1st Sync on your own!
- The 1st Sync to your accounting software should be performed with a CoreBridge support team member over a web meeting.
IMPORTANT NOTE: IF YOU ELECT TO ATTEMPT A 1ST SYNC ON YOUR OWN, YOU MAY INCUR ADDITIONAL SUPPORT FEES SHOULD ERRORS OCCUR.