This article will guide you through QuickBooks Desktop settings that are required when syncing/importing data from CoreBridge.
In QuickBooks, select Edit from the menu bar then select Preferences. This will bring up the Preferences window.
In the Preferences window, select Accounting then select Company Preferences.
A. In the ACCOUNTS section:
- Use account numbers – this option is required if you assign account numbers in CoreBridge
B. In the CLASS section:
- Use class tracking for transactions – this option is required in the following scenarios if you want to separate locations by class on class-enabled reports:
- You have a single CoreBridge system with multiple locations.
- You have multiple CoreBridge systems and more than one syncs to the same QuickBooks company file.
C. In the CLOSING DATE section:
- If there is a closing date set with a password, the CoreBridge sync will not be able to write or access transactions on or before that date. If the sync needs to access a closed transaction the sync will fail causing data to not be recorded in QuickBooks.
2. Integrated Applications
In the Preferences window, select Integrated Applications then select Company Preferences.
- Uncheck this option: Don't allow any applications to access this company file.
In the Preferences window, select Payments then select Company Preferences.
- Select this option: Use Undeposited Funds as a default deposit to account.
4. Sales Tax
In the Preferences window, select Sales Tax then select Company Preferences.
- Select the Yes option for Do you charge sales tax?
In the SET UP SALES TAX ITEM section:
- At least one sales tax item must exist.
Click OK to save and close the Preferences window.