This article is for centers using Xero accounting software and using the Full Sync option. It does NOT apply to Xero Lump Sync.
NOTE: Before syncing data to Xero, you should read this article to understand all of the details on how the sync works. There are certain transactions that will not sync to Xero and will require manual intervention so you will want to be familiar with those. If the required manual intervention is not performed in Xero your financial records will not be complete and will not match to CoreBridge.
This article covers the following topics:
Things to Know
Which Records Sync
- Customers: Customers sync only when in Client status. Lead and Prospect status customers will not sync.
- Invoices: Only Completed orders sync. WIP and BUILT orders will not sync.
- Payments: Payments will sync only after they are reconciled. Synced payments are type: Overpayment
- Tax Groups: Sync as Tax Components
- Income Accounts: Sync as Revenue Accounts
Which Records Do Not Sync
- Payment Terms
- COGS accounts
- Purchase Orders
- Vendor Types
- Master Accounts
- Locations by Class
- Tax Agencies
If you have more than one location on your CoreBridge system or you have more than one CoreBridge system, the sync does not provide a way to distinguish each location in Xero.
Customers – Master Accounts
Master Accounts in CoreBridge will not sync. If you use Master Accounts in CoreBridge the hierarchy in Xero will not be the same. We recommend not using Master Accounts if you're syncing to Xero.
Customers – Merging
If you merge a customer in CoreBridge, the sync cannot perform the merge. A customer merge must be handled manually in Xero.
- When a sync is performed, the sync window will display the number of customers that were merged in CoreBridge when it reaches the Merged Customer task.
- When you click the Failed Item link for the Merged Customer task, the item displayed will be the From customer. The To customer will be displayed as a Successful Item for the Customers task and will show that the record was updated. Once the customer is merged in Xero, the "From" customer will show as a Successful Item during a sync.
- If you need a list of Customer merges please open a support ticket.
- Line items on an invoice in Xero will contain the item or modifier description only. The actual part and modifier records from CoreBridge do not sync.
- In-Store Credit credit memos will display StoreCredit in the Reference field.
- If you need a support agent to trigger an invoice to sync again, all payments must be manually unapplied from the invoice in Xero first.
Invoices and Voiding
You should not void invoices in Xero that have synced from CoreBridge. When an invoice in voided in CoreBridge, the sync does not void the related invoice in Xero. The void is simply noted with a "-V" appended to the number.
- Invoices cannot be triggered to sync again if the invoice has been voided in Xero and the CoreBridge invoice number is retained on the voided invoice. In order for an invoice to be triggered to sync again, the reference number in Xero should be changed prior to voiding. When changing the reference number, the new reference number should not be in the same format as a CoreBridge invoice. If an invoice is voided with the existing CoreBridge number and needs to be created again in Xero, the invoice must be created manually and won't be able to have the same number as the CoreBridge invoice.
- If an invoice is voided in Xero and you get a sync error because the sync cannot update the invoice, you'll need to open a support ticket with CoreBridge so that an agent can set the invoice to stop syncing. At that point you'll need to update the invoice manually in Xero to match CoreBridge.
- Credit Memos can't be voided through the sync.
Payments post directly to the Default Bank Account saved in settings. Voided payments in CoreBridge will not sync and need to be voided manually in Xero.
- When a deposit payment is entered in CoreBridge on a WIP or BUILT order, the payment will sync to Xero before the invoice. When a payment syncs before the invoice syncs, the payment will not be applied to the invoice in Xero when the invoice finally syncs. The payment will need to be applied manually.
To apply a payment manually, use one of these methods.
Open the payment then use Allocate Credit.
- Open the invoice then use Credit this invoice.
- Open the payment then use Allocate Credit.
- Payments post directly to the Default Bank Account saved in settings.
- If you are using bank feeds in Xero, do not apply the bank feed payment to the CoreBridge invoice that syncs. The payment that syncs from CoreBridge should be applied to the CoreBridge invoice. If you apply the bank feed payment, the sync will not be able to update the invoice which will cause a sync error.
- If you are using bank feeds in Xero you will need to match (a) the bank feed deposits that are comprised of CoreBridge payments to (b) the payments that sync from CoreBridge. If you accept the deposit without matching it you will create duplicate numbers in your bank account and revenue accounts.
- You will end up with duplicates because the same payment is syncing to Xero twice: once from CoreBridge and again from the bank feed. Matching them will ensure that the transaction doesn't get duplicated.
- Link: Xero Support Article
Refunds, Bad Debt, and NSF Payments
Refunds, Bad Debt, and NSF payments will not sync and will need to be manually created in Xero.
- When a sync is performed, these payment types will display as Successful Items for the Payments task. However, they will not sync to Xero. They are displayed for your reference as a reminder to process the transaction manually in Xero.
- When the Successful Item link is clicked, the message will display the payment number along with a reminder. This message is only displayed once. To find the transactions later you will need to run a Payments Report.
Tax Groups and Tax Agencies
Tax Groups will sync only one time and Tax Agencies do not sync.
- If Tax Groups are archived or deleted in Xero, they cannot be synced again. They will need to be created manually in Xero.
- To create a tax group manually, the Tax Group name in CoreBridge will need to be entered as both the Display Name and Tax Component name in Xero.
- When tax amounts are calculated differently between CoreBridge and Xero, the sync will add the difference as an invoice line item. The adjustment is usually 1 cent.
- When you change the name or the rate of a Tax Group, CoreBridge creates a new record that will sync. The new record will contain the name of the group that was changed and the name of the new record will start with "old_". Although the name may be unfamiliar, do not change the name or delete the record in Xero.
How Often to Sync
There is no specific requirement but we recommend syncing daily after your Daily Reconciliation has been completed.
Manual Entry Needed in Xero
- If you merge a customer in CoreBridge, the sync cannot perform the merge. A customer merge must be handled manually in Xero.
- Invoices with payment(s) applied cannot be triggered to sync again. All payments must be manually unapplied in Xero first.
- If an invoice is voided with the existing CoreBridge number and needs to be created again in Xero, the invoice must be created manually and won't be able to have the same number as the CoreBridge invoice.
- When a payment syncs before the invoice syncs (deposits/down payments), the payment will not be applied to the invoice in Xero when the invoice finally syncs. Payment(s) will need to be applied manually.
- Voided payments in CoreBridge will not sync. They'll need to be voided manually in Xero.
- Refunds, Bad Debt, and NSF payments will not sync. They'll need to be manually created in Xero.
- If Tax Groups are archived or deleted in Xero, they cannot be synced again. They'll need to be created manually in Xero.
If you get a sync error, you may not get all of your CoreBridge data in Xero. To ensure that all data has synced, the sync must complete successfully with no Failed Items. If you have failed items, click the failed item link to view the error.
If you're able to fix the error, run a sync again to complete the sync.
If you're NOT able to fix the error, take a screenshot of the error and attach the screenshot to a new CoreBridge Support ticket.
For a list of common errors and possible fixes, please refer to this article: Xero Full Sync - Sync Errors
Xero imposes 3 limits on the API that CoreBridge uses to sync data. If the error message contains the text "oauth", one of the limits was reached.
- 60 calls in a rolling 60-second window – you should not reach this limit because we set your system to sync at a set rate
- 5000 calls in a rolling 24-hour window – unless you have an extraordinary amount of transactions to sync, you should not reach this limit. The only times that it would be possible to hit this limit is during a 1st sync when your customers, invoices and payments sync for the first time or if you have many transactions and sync once a month. If you reach this limit you will need to wait for 24 hours to sync again.
- 30-minute window – if this limit is triggered, just Authorize CoreBridge again using the Connect to Xero button.