Category Associations allow administrators to determine the hierarchy of product categories as seen on a storefront. To manage category associations navigate to Admin Panel > Catalogs.
Adding a New Category Association
- Click on the catalog you wish to set up associations for.
- Click on the Associated Categories tab
- Click + New Category Associations
- Choose a category from the drop down menu
- Select whether the category has a parent account.
- Categories without a parent will appear on the navigation bar of the storeFront
- Categories with a parent will be shown when customers hover over the parent category on the storefront.
- Check Enable This Category to show this category in the selected catalog
- Enter a Display Order for the category. Categories with lower display order numbers will appear on the storefront first.
- Click Save Changes
- Click the Start Re-Index button after enabling, disabling, or updating category associations. This is a crucial step for your storefront to accurately reflect the changes you've made.