A category is a grouping of products to be displayed on a Storefront. To manage categories navigate to Admin Panel > Categories.
Adding a new Category
- Click + New Category
- Enter the Category Name. This will display on the storefront navigation
- Enter a Category Title. This will display on the category page
- Enter a Display Order for the category. Categories with lower display numbers are shown first on the navigation menu
- Check the Featured Category box to display this category on the storefront homepage
- Check the show Child Categories on Category Page to display any associated child categories on this category's page
- Upload an image for this category. If you choose to not upload an image, a blank box will be shown to the user.
Enter SEO Settings
Click Save Changes
- Navigate to the Categories main screen and click the Start Re-Index button after creating new categories. This is a crucial step for your storefront to accurately reflect the changes you've made.
- Click on the category you wish to add products to
- Navigate to the Associated Products tab
- Click Associate Product
- Check the products that belong in this category
- Click Save
- Navigate to the Categories main screen and click the Start Re-Index button after adding new product associations. This is a crucial step for your storefront to accurately reflect the changes you've made.