NOTE: We recommend not performing a first sync on your own.
A support agent will need to confirm your setup then will meet with you for your first sync.
Setup – Part 2 of 2
This is part two of the Accounting Preparation steps. Prior to completing the steps in this article, you must complete part one first as covered in the Accounting Export Preparation article.
STEP 4 – Disable Master Accounts
This step is not required. You can still use master accounts in CoreBridge and do not have to disable this feature for the sync to work.
Since Xero does not have a Master Account feature, the Master Account association in CoreBridge will have no affect so master accounts in CoreBridge do NOT sync to Xero. The customer will be treated as a standalone customer.
- Review any master account associations by running the Customers by Master Account report found in Report Module > Customer/Receivables.
- Using the report data, update any customers where the Master Account is listed as other than None. Review the Customer Settings article for additional information.
- Disable the Master Account feature on your system by navigating to Management Module > Customers > Tracking > Master Account.
- Uncheck the Enable Master Account Settings box and click Save Settings.
- Uncheck the Enable Master Account Settings box and click Save Settings.
STEP 5 – Authorize CoreBridge with Xero
You will need to Authorize CoreBridge so that you can complete the next step.
This needs to be done prior to a 1st sync meeting in case there is a login issue that will need to be resolved prior to a meeting.
NOTE: You must use the default URL assigned to your CoreBridge system. It is in this format: xxx.corebridge.net. Using any other URL will result in an error.
- In CoreBridge, navigate to Accounting Module > Accounting Export > Setup tab
- Click Connect to XERO
- A new window will appear.
- Select your Xero company then click Allow access for 30 mins.
- The sync is available for 30 minutes. Once 30 minutes expires, you must re-authorize CoreBridge with Xero again in order to sync or refresh accounts.
STEP 6 – Select Accounts in CoreBridge
Before completing this step, confirm that CoreBridge has been authorized with Xero and that you are within the 30 minute window. (See Step 5)
The following accounts need to be set in CoreBridge. If these accounts do not already exist in Xero, they must be created prior to proceeding.
- Default Bank Account: This is where payments will post. (choose a Bank account)
- Default income account when none is assigned: This is a fallback account if the sync can't find an account. (choose a Revenue or Sales account)
- Default COGS account when none is assigned: This is a fallback account if the sync can't find an account. (choose a Direct Costs account)
In CoreBridge, navigate to Accounting Module > Accounting Export > Account Setup tab.
- Click on the Refresh button. This process fetches existing accounts from Xero and may take a minute or longer.
- Use the dropdowns to select the desired default accounts.
- If the Refresh doesn't pull in a required account, the missing account(s) must be set up in Xero. Once missing accounts are set up, click Refresh again to fetch them. You can also click the Refresh icon next to each dropdown to individually refresh the list.
- Leave the Sync Start Date field empty. It will be set on your 1st Sync Meeting. If your corporate office will be meeting with you for your 1st sync, the Sync Start Date must be set to your Go Live! date in CoreBridge. Transactions prior to the date entered will not sync.
- When all accounts have been selected, click Save Account Setup.
STEP 7 – Create In-Store Credit inventory item
When you manually add In-Store Credit to a customer in CoreBridge, the sync will use the following Item to create a Credit Note in Xero. The Credit Note balance will be updated as the In-Store Credit is used in CoreBridge.
In Xero navigate to Accounts > Inventory.
- Click + New Item to create a new Inventory Item.
- Set the following values EXACTLY as indicated:
- Item Code: In-Store Credit
- Item Name: In-Store Credit
- I purchase this item: Should be selected
- Purchases Account: Choose an EXPENSES account
The account selected is where In-Store Credit given to a customer in CoreBridge will post to. We recommend creating a new In-Store Credit account to keep it separate from other accounts in Xero.
- When the Credit Note is created, or as it is used, you may want to create a manual journal to offset the expense to a different account.
STEP 8 – Invoice Prefix & Numbering Format
If your Xero has customer invoices you will need to complete this step so that CoreBridge doesn't create the same invoice numbers that are already in Xero.
Confirm that your existing invoice prefix/numbering format in Xero does not match the numbering format in CoreBridge. Matching values will cause sync errors. If the format is the same, there is a potential that invoice numbers in CoreBridge may conflict with existing invoices in Xero. You may need to change the invoice prefix in CoreBridge to prevent this or choose a starting number that will not conflict.
- Check your prefix settings by navigating to Management Module > Locations > (select a location) > Location & Company to view your invoice prefix settings.
- Check your starting invoice number by navigating to Management Module > Global Settings > Pricing Settings and make any adjustments as necessary.
STEP 9 – Review Customer Names
This step is not required but highly recommended.
Review your entire Customer list in Xero for any records that exist in CoreBridge and match the company name in Xero to CoreBridge or vice versa. If the name does not match exactly, the sync will create a new customer in Xero from the customer record in CoreBridge. All new transactions will post to this new Customer account in Xero. If this does occur and there are existing transactions in Xero for the original customer account, you'll need to merge the customer manually in Xero to keep the customer history under a single record.
STEP 10 – Schedule a 1st Sync Web Meeting
The 1st Sync to your accounting application should be performed with a CoreBridge Support specialist via a web meeting.
NOTE: We recommend not performing a first sync on your own. A support agent will need to confirm your setup then will meet with you for your first sync.
IF YOU ELECT TO ATTEMPT A 1ST SYNC ON YOUR OWN, YOU MAY INCUR ADDITIONAL SUPPORT FEES SHOULD ERRORS OCCUR.
BEFORE YOU SCHEDULE A 1ST SYNC MEETING:
- You MUST be Live! in CoreBridge (entering real orders and payments) PRIOR to scheduling a 1st Sync meeting.
- You should have reviewed all relevant CoreBridge accounting support articles.
- You should have an understanding of the fundamentals of accounts receivable management in CoreBridge.
- You must have completed at least one Reconciliation.
- You must have completed all steps in this article and the preceding one.
- Plan on having at least 2 hours available for the meeting.
PRIOR TO THE 1ST SYNC MEETING:
- Make sure you can connect to the web meeting using the details provided to you in the invitation.
- Review the Xero Full Sync - Details article.
DURING THE 1ST SYNC MEETING WE WILL:
- Run the 1st Sync with you.
- Help to correct any sync errors that may come up.
Think you're ready?
Contact the CoreBridge Support team at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll work with you to get your accounting export setup completed!
Time Zone Differences?
If you're in a time zone where accounting support is not currently available via a web meeting, the Xero Sync - Performing Your Own 1st Sync article will guide you through the steps to perform your own 1st Sync.