An Inactive customer is a customer without any active estimates or orders within a set amount of time. Customers can automatically be made Inactive when they exceed a set amount of time without a new estimate or new order. This allows your most active customers to appear during a default customer search. A customer can also be made inactive manually on a customer by customer basis. Inactive customers remain in your system, but will not appear in a default customer search. An Inactive customer will automatically become Active when an estimate or order is created for that customer.
This article covers the following topics:
- Setting a default time period for Inactive Customers
- How to include Inactive Customers in search results
- How to make a single customer Inactive
Setting a default time period for Inactive Customers
- Navigate to Management Module > Customer > Tracking > Settings.
- Set a time period here for a customer to be marked Inactive, then click Save Customer Settings.
How to include Inactive Customers in search results
- On the Customer Search page, check the Include Inactive box when performing a search.
- Inactive customers will appear with an Inactive status in the Status column.
How to make a single customer Inactive
- On the Customer Information page, locate the Customer Status below the Company name.
- Click Make Inactive, and confirm by clicking OK.