Switch Part is a function which allows you to easily exchange one type of material for another, while keeping part information such as height, width, text, etc.
If a part is using a different pricing template, it will not appear on the switch parts menu. Your pricing template determines the part properties when entering the part, so you can only switch to another part which has the exact same part properties used.
- Expand the part details by clicking on the arrow.
- Click Switch Part.
- A window will appear with a list of parts that share the same unit of measurement with the part you are switching.
- When attempting to switch Parts, you will ONLY see the parts that utilize the same pricing formula in the system.
- When switching parts that have a machine (added to the part during estimate/order entry), you will be limited to parts within the same part group.
- Select a part by clicking on its name.
- The new part will replace the previous part on your product.
- (A) Part name and pricing has been updated to reflect the switch.
- (B) Part information and modifier information will remain the same.