Each Modifier needs a Modifier Formula to calculate pricing. If you've just created a Modifier or want to edit an existing one, navigate to Management Module > Modifiers. Select the Modifier Name from the list provided.
Next, click on the Modifier Formula tab. Building the modifier formula is as simple as dragging items from the Components Section into the Formula Builder. Hover over the component for more information of what the component measures.
The properties found in the left-hand column on the Formula Tab include the properties that you’ll need from the Modifiers and Custom Properties tabs.
- (A) Custom Properties are created on the Custom Property tab for that Modifier including those that can be used in your pricing formula.
- (B) Setup fees and Modifier or Variable rates must be added in the Modifier Formula. The Modifier Tab will show you these properties.
The other columns on the Formula tab are standard components that are available for use in any modifier formula.
Building the Formula
Building the modifier formula is as simple as dragging items from the Components Section into the Formula Builder.
- As you add components, your formula will appear in blue.
- Clicking + add group will add an additional container for your formula builder
- Each container will represent a new set of parentheses in your formula
Note: Anytime the Part Rate, Part Retail, or Part Cost components are used in the formula builder, the system adds the amount to the cost of the modifier.