This article is for centers using Xero accounting software and using the Lump Sync option. It does NOT apply to Xero Full Sync.
Post Draft Manual Journals
After a sync has completed without errors and has created a manual journal, the journal is in Draft status.
- Advisor > Manual Journals > Draft
- Select the CoreBridge journal(s) and click Post.
NOTE: If a journal is Voided, and the name is not changed before voiding, the journal can never sync again because Xero retains the name and the sync cannot create a journal with the same name as an existing one. If a Voided journal needs to be added to Xero again, it will need to be added manually.
If a manual journal contains payments, process those by following the steps in the next section.
This Current Asset account is where all CoreBridge payments post. To relieve this account and have the funds appear in a Bank account, please follow these steps.
- Receive Money
- Select the appropriate bank account > Next
The total entered in the Receive Money transaction should match the amount posted to Undeposited Funds so that the Undeposited Funds balance goes to $0.00 once the Receive Money transaction is saved.
You can use the CoreBridge Reconciliation report to determine the amount that needs to be entered in Receive Payment for each journal entry that includes payments. You can enter the Lump Sum amount that posted or you can break up the Lump Sum amount into individual lines to represent individual payments.
- From = CoreBridge Import (or the contact created during setup)
- Enter this information for each line on the Receive Money transaction
- QTY = 1
- Unit Price = Lump Sum amount or individual amount
- Account = Undeposited Funds (or the account that you matched to CoreBridge during setup)
- Click Save
- Once the Receive Money transaction has been saved, confirm that the Undeposited Funds account has a $0.00 balance
To process a Refund, create a Spend Money transaction and process the same way as a Receive Money transaction.