Enabling customer types allows you to require categorization of your customers. Types created here are based on your own internal tracking methods, but common types might include retail, wholesale, or government. To manage Customer Types, navigate to Management Module > Customers > Tracking > Customer Types.
Managing Customer Types:
- To turn on this functionality, click Enable Customer Types then click Save Settings.
- Enter a new Customer Type.
- Select a parent group for the customer type if desired.
Note: Any previously entered type can be used as a parent.
- Click Add New Type.
- You can make changes to customer types by clicking Edit and then Save.
- To delete an existing Customer Type, check the box next to the entries that you wish to remove and click Delete Selected Type.