This article is for centers that have gone through a 1st sync and are switching from QuickBooks Desktop to QuickBooks Online using the Lump Sync export method. If you have not gone through a 1st sync this article will not apply to you.
Switching from QuickBooks Desktop to QuickBooks Online should be coordinated with CoreBridge support if you are currently syncing data.
Purchase Orders do not sync to QuickBooks Online with Lump Sync.
If you have previously synced CoreBridge Purchase Orders to QuickBooks desktop please be aware that the QuickBooks Online sync does not provide that feature.
- Perform a final CoreBridge Reconciliation.
- Perform a final sync to QuickBooks Desktop to sync the final Reconciliation.
- If you get sync errors they must be resolved before proceeding.
- Do not perform a sync to QuickBooks Desktop again after performing a final sync.
- The sync tool used for QuickBooks Desktop does not sync to QuickBooks Online.
- Import your QuickBooks desktop company file to QuickBooks Online.
- Configure QuickBooks Online as outlined in this article: QuickBooks Online - Application Settings for Sync
- Once the import to QuickBooks Online has finished successfully please open a support ticket or let us know on your existing support ticket.
- Let us know that you have successfully imported your existing company file to QuickBooks Online.
- CoreBridge: We will set the Export Type on your CoreBridge system for you to QuickBooks Online Lump Sync.
- Do not attempt a sync at this time.
- CoreBridge: We will reset your CoreBridge G/L accounts to sync again so they are correctly mapped to your new QuickBooks Online database.
- Once the accounts have been reset we will let you know. You can then perform a sync.
Perform a Sync
This is where you perform your own 1st sync to QuickBooks Online.
- All accounts will sync again. They had to be reset because your QuickBooks is on a new database.
- Sync Start Date: This date tells the sync which Reconciliation to start with based on date.
- Find the most recent journal entry in QuickBooks that synced from CoreBridge.
- Note the date.
- That date will be your sync start date. (The journal entry in QuickBooks won't sync again)
- Follow the instructions in this article to perform a sync: QuickBooks Online - How to Sync
- You have already gone through a 1st Sync with QB Desktop so you can ignore the note in the article.