Labor Levels are used to calculate the cost of labor for this part. The same part might require different amounts of labor according to the job. You can enter multiple levels of labor for each of these circumstances. When entering an order, the user will be prompted to choose which level applies. If only one level exists then it will be automatically used on this part and nothing will be displayed to the user.
NOTE: This feature should only be used on labor-intensive parts.
Setting Up Part Labor Levels:
- Navigate to Management Module > Parts > Manage Parts.
- Select a Part.
- Click on the Details tab.
- Click Manage Labor Levels.
- Enter a label for the labor level. Example: "Simple," "Moderate," "Complex"
- Enter the speed setting for the label. For example, enter the maximum square footage of vinyl a person can weed in one hour.
- Click Add.
- Repeat as necessary to set up multiple levels of labor depending on the part.
- Click Save.
Part Labor Levels during Order Entry:
When entering an order, the user will be prompted to choose which level applies. If only one level exists then it will be automatically used on this part and nothing will be displayed to the user.
Part Labor Levels will be tracked in the pricing information area of any order and listed under Part Labor. This feature will affect Part Cost only when using Market-Based Pricing. It will affect Part Cost and Retail Price when using Cost-Plus Pricing.