The Castles Vega 3000 Card Reader is a P2Pe card reader that is capable of processing credit card using (a) chip cards (b) magstripe cards, and (c) manually keyed entry of credit card numbers. This article will cover the installation, activation, usage and basic troubleshooting of using this card reader. For more information on credit card processing, please see the article How to Process Credit Cards Using a EMV Chip Terminal.
Table of Contents
- Installation and Setup of Terminal
- Using the Card Reader within CoreBridge
- Card Reader Updates
- Your business is located in the United States as this reader is only compatible with processing in that country.
- You have completed the sign up of a Merchant Account with Complete Merchant Solutions.
- You have obtained a Castles Vega 3000 Card Reader (terminal).
- You have a wired network cable free for use with the terminal.
- You are using Google Chrome or Firefox, other browsers are not supported.
Installation and Setup of Terminal
CMS provides detailed instructions on their support website which will walk you through the installation and setup procedure for the terminal.
- Click on this link to complete the steps outlined on their site.
- Once complete, please continue with the steps below.
Using the Card Reader within CoreBridge
- Log into CoreBridge using your preferred supported internet browser (Google Chrome or Firefox).
Within CoreBridge, attempt to post a payment to an order with a balance due.
The payment screen will appear, please input your desired payment amount.
Click the Chip button when you are ready to process the payment.Note: If the credit card is not a chip-based card you should still click the Chip button, after which simply slide the card through the magstripe reader at the top of the terminal.
A notice will appear on the screen to complete the transaction on the terminal.
Take the customer's credit card and insert it into the bottom of the EMV terminal.
Note: Be sure the chip on the card is facing up and the card is rotated so the chip goes into the terminal first.
If the card does not include a chip, you may swipe the card through the top of the terminal to avoid manually entering the card number, exp date, etc.
Follow the on-screen prompts on the terminal. Once Approved, you may remove the card.
The Total Paid amount will be updated within CoreBridge to reflect the payment you posted.
Congratulations! You have successfully posted a payment using the reader.
- If you have any questions related to the process of using an EMV Terminal, please reach out to the CoreBridge Support team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by submitting a ticket on the customer portal.
- If you are experiencing installation, hardware, connectivity problems with your EMV terminal please contact Complete Merchant Solutions (CMS) customer support.
- CMS - Setup and User Guide
Card Reader Updates
Periodically, the Vega3000 card terminal will receive updates from the payment processing platform. When these occur, it is required that you follow the steps below to ensure that the device updates properly:
- You will receive a notification on the Vega3000 card terminal regarding the update. When this occurs, please do not delete the update or restart the card terminal while the update is in progress.
- Once the update completes, the option for the USAePay app will appear on the card terminal screen.
- Please select the number 1 to run this as the default application on the card terminal.
Note: If these steps are not followed, it may result in damage to the card terminal. If you experience any problems, please contact CMS support for assistance troubleshooting the issue.