QuickBooks Desktop: Detail Sync - Manually Record Bad Debt
- This article will guide you through manually recording a Bad Debt in QuickBooks desktop when using the Full Sync export method.
- The sync should handle the Bad Debt automatically but if that fails, you can use these instructions to record the Bad Debt that was entered in CoreBridge.
- The Lump Sync export will record the Bad Debt expense in a journal entry.
- Before a Bad Debt can be recorded:
- The invoice being written off must exist in QuickBooks.
- The payment associated to the invoice must exist in QuickBooks.
- In the example, the customer had a $100.00 invoice, they paid $95.00, and you entered a Bad Debt payment in CoreBridge for $5.00.
- In QuickBooks. edit the payment in question.
The payment window will open.
- Click Discounts And Credits.The Discount and Credits window will open.
- In the field titled "Amount of Discount", enter the Bad Debt amount.
- Using the drop-down for "Discount Account", choose your Bad Debt expense account or whatever account you post Bad Debt to.
- If needed, select the appropriate CLASS.
- Click "Done"
- The written off amount will be displayed.
- Click "Save and Close"
- This is the end result.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.