Add-Ons are used to gather additional information for configuring products. They can be used for information only, such as a text box that the end user can populate with installation instructions. Add-Ons can also add value to a product, such as the option to choose rounded corners on business cards for an extra charge. To create and manage Add-Ons, navigate to the Admin Panel > Merchandise >Add-Ons.
Creating new Add-Ons
- Click + Add-On.
- Enter an Add-On Title. This name will be for internal use only
- Enter an Add-On Label. This will be displayed to the customer
- Select a Display Type from the dropdown menu. This will determine how values for this Add-on will be shown to the customer
- Check if Add-On is optional. Leaving this box unchecked will require a response prior to adding an associated product to the cart.
- Enter additional information for your customer in the Add-On Tooltip
- Enter a Display Order for this Add-On. Add-Ons with lower display numbers will be shown first.
- Inventory Tracking can be enabled for Add-Ons.
- Click Save.
- Click on the Values tab for the Add-on. Values are options available for your Add-on. These Values can have pricing assigned to them.
- Click + Add-on Value to add an additional value.
- Enter Label and SKU for the Value
- There is an option to make this the Default Selected Value.
- If this Add-on option has a price, enter the pricing information here
- Enter the Inventory Settings
- Enter Shipping information, if applicable
- Enter a Display Order for this value. Values with lower display numbers will be shown first.
- Fill in any value attributes
- Click Save.
- Repeat the steps for adding new values as necessary.