Customers registering on Ecommerce stores must verify their email addresses before accessing functionality of the store. This includes the following:
- Navigating to the Checkout page for all stores regardless of settings.
- Checking out/Creating an Order for all stores regardless of settings.
- Viewing Products on the store if Require User Login is set for the store. For more information on this setting, please refer to the Customizing Stores article.
NOTE: Customers will not sync into your CoreBridge Management System until their email has been verified.
After a customer registers for the store, they will be navigated to a page with instructions on how to proceed.
Customers will receive an email from the email address entered for Sales Department Email under the Store Settings. For more information on this setting, please refer to the Customizing Stores article. This email will contain a link allowing the user to verify their email address. This link is available for 72 hours. An additional link can be requested after the 72 hour time period has expired.
Customers who have registered, but are not yet verified, will be prompted to verify their email address when attempting to log into the site.
Once a customer verifies their email address, they will be navigated to the login page and they will be able to access store functionality.
The following customers will not have to verify their email address:
- Customers added through CoreBridge Management System
- Customers existing before 8/19/2023